Photo: Crossing the Firth of Forth during London Edinburgh London wearing my Alpi4000 finishers cap. Finishing both events contributed towards my objectives for 2022.
This year sees the start of my second four year cycle. Paris Brest Paris has come round again after my first in 2019 and my inclusion in the Audax Randonneur Italia National Team has been confirmed for 2023-2026.
For 2022 I set myself three objectives:
- Achieve the International Super Randonneur award from world governing body Les Randonneurs Mondiaux
- Achieve the Europe Challenge Randonnèe award from the 1001Miglia organisation
- Continue the L’Italia del Grand Tour (IGT) challenge (in 2022 that meant finishing Sicilia No Stop and Alpi4000. The challenge concludes in 2025.
I’m pleased to say I achieved all three objectives. A huge thank you to my wonderful wife Jan for supporting me. I was away from home for a total of 7 weeks last year.
For 2023 I’ve also set 3 objectives:
- Continue the L’Italia del Grand Tour (IGT) challenge, which means finishing the 6+6 Ajò Sardegna in April (1,200km) and the Transalp Rando in May (1,200km)
- Finish Paris Brest Paris in August (1,200km)
- Stay married